You may think ‘This is the end of physical stores.” With the booming development of eCommerce, people are changing their way of shopping. However, businesses are combining both modern and traditional methods.
One way to bring your brand closer to the customers is by showing them where your physical stores are. With the help of Magento 2 Store Locator, this task becomes super simple!
- 1 What is a Store Locator?
- 2 How can they help your business?
- 3 Main features of Magento 2 Store Locator Extension
- 4 Let us wrap up the unique points that only Magento 2 Store Locator has!
- 5 How to install Magento 2 Store Locator Extension
- 6 Steps to configure Magento 2 Store Locator Extension
- 7 Storefront Functions
- 8 Update
- 9 Final Words
What is a Store Locator?
For online businesses, it’s important to inform customers about your physical stores. Consumers want to have a real experience of the products they may buy. Showing them a route from their location to your shop is a great way to bring your store closers to potential buyers.
Store Locator is an extension that integrates with Google Maps to show visitors the shortest way to your store.
With clear guidance and user-friendly features, Store Locator is building the bridge between online and offline platforms.
How can they help your business?
Installing a store locator to your website gives you the chance to gain huge success for the business since it
- Increases your engagement
- Expands your brand awareness
- Boosts your revenue
Main features of Magento 2 Store Locator Extension
For Magento-based websites, their owners are having a headache to figure out what is the best store locator tools for the shop. Hundreds of Magento 2 extensions providers are available on the Internet makes it difficult to pick the right choice.
Let us put an end to your confusion with Magento 2 Store Locator by Magenest – the best store locator in the market!
This product allows you to connect the data of your physical stores to Google Maps so customers can easily find the destination. The extension includes numerous amazing features facilitating the shopping experience of both retailers and consumers.
Magento 2 Store Locator provides visitors a user-friendly interface that gives advanced direction from buyers’ spot to the most suitable store. Customers can search for the wanted location by distance or by area (country, city and zip code).
Integrating with Google Maps, customers can see the direction by Google Street-view 360. Besides, it’s easier for them to find a store since the extension shows pinpoint on the map when customers click on the name in the store list
Store owners can reduce lots of workload with the help of this product. To add a new location, merchants can directly click on the map in the setting or use Latitude/Longitude and apply them to the map. Also, they can import locations from cvs. files.
You can show the store list in product pages with images of each store to give customers a realistic point of view of your store. It’s easy to enable or disable stores from your page and assign available products to stores in the setting.
You may ask that ‘I can find these features on every other store locators. Why THIS?’
Let us wrap up the unique points that only Magento 2 Store Locator has!
- Product inventory: When customers select any store on the product page, a pop-up with Google map will appear to show them the correct direction.
- Multiple maps: Admins can configure multiple maps that can be displayed on the frontend.
- Smart direction-finding method: Customers can find the best route from their location to any store or other places.
- Markers: Customers are able to locate any places on the map with a marker and delete that by clicking the right-click.
- View popular location details and smart searching box: The customer can view more details and images about the locations providing by Google Maps.
Besides, as a reputable Magento Business Solution Partner, Magenest has more than 6 years in helping businesses develop their Magento eCommerce system.
With a professional and skillful team, Magenest guarantees to support you with the installation and customization of Magento 2 Store Locator. There’s no need to be worried since you’re in the right hand!
How to install Magento 2 Store Locator Extension
Installing Magento 2 Store Locator is pretty easy. Let us show you the detailed steps!
Step 1: Compress the extension into .zip or .tar.gz, then execute the following command in your Command-Line/Terminal:
scp <path to your extension> <ssh server>:<path to Magenest directory>
Step 2: Log into your ssh server, go to Magenest directory and execute the following command to decompress the module:
unzip <.zip compressed extension>
tar -xzvf <.tar.gz compressed extension>
Step 3: Go to your Magento root directory, say it’s named magento2, and execute the following commands:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running all these, your Command-Line/Terminal window might look like this:
Step 4: Flush the cache by either type this into the Command Line/Terminal:
php bin/magento cache:flush
Or go to System -> Cache Management.
Click the following buttons to completely clear the store cache:
- Flush Magento Cache
- Flush Cache Storage
- Flush Catalog Images Cache
Now you can go to your website to check whether Magento 2 Store Locator works properly.
Steps to configure Magento 2 Store Locator Extension
In the backend, you go to Magenest Map List -> Configuration to configure Magento 2 Store Locator.
- Show “Store” in Menu: To display the Store tab on the Menu bar
- Show stores’ list on the product detail page
- Enter your Google API. Remember that Google has the API limit which you can read more here
- You can configure these elements: Distance unit system, default country. the default zoom level and default traveling mode (driving, walking, bicycling, transit)
Default Opening Hours for all stores
This will be displayed in the store info.
Add a new store/Edit store
You can add a new store or edit the store in Magenest Map List -> Stores. In the store configuration, there are 4 tabs:
Store settings/General settings
Here you can add the store info such as store name, description, featured images, store icon, the address, website, email and phone number to contact.
To set the map for the store location, you enter the latitude and longitude.
To display the store in the frontend, choose the status as Enable, then Save or Save and Continue Edit.
In this tab, you can add the available products by selecting the products in the grid table, then Save or Save and Continue edit.
Note that the products added to the store here will also be updated to the product setting and vice versa.
You can set the specific hours for each day by entering in the field with this format (open Hours) – (close Hours). Or you can use the default hours in the configuration by ticking in the Use Default Hours box.
You can add the special date/promotion to the store info.
- Date: Choose from the date picker
- Description: The promotion info
Add Stores in Product settings
You can add the store in the product settings by choosing the store on the list. This will also be auto-updated in the store setting.
Store Locator and Google Map Page
Customers can search for the store locations in 2 search bars up to their choice.
They can find the nearest store by searching on the left bar and select the radius from the drop-down list.
Customers can click on View This Store button to redirect them to the store detail page for more information such as store images, special date, store description, etc.
A popup with the detail of specific stores will appear when customers click on a store in the store list or click directly on the pinpoint.
In the popup, there are 4 buttons: From here, To here, Street View, and View Location.
- From here and To here will show the direction to buyers based on their chosen travel mode.
- Street View: The direction will be shown with a realistic display thanks to the integration with Google Maps.
Store List displayed in the Product Detail Page
In the product detail page, customers can see which stores have the wanted products.
When buyers choose one store on the list, there will be a popup showing the store information with 4 tabs: Store Info, Opening hours, Promotions, and Get Direction.
Recommended reading: 5 Best E-commerce platforms for startups
- When a new update is available, Magenest will provide you with a new package containing the updated extension.
- You will have to delete the module directory and repeat the installing steps above. Then flush the config cache. Your store and newly installed module should be working as expected.
The model of integrating both online and offline stores is more and more familiar among businesses. Don’t underestimate the traditional method of shopping since it can bring you fruitful results. Helping customers remembering your address will be a push to the development of your brand.
With the help of Magento 2 Store Locator by Magenest, all the obstacles are disappeared! We recommend you to install this outstanding extension ASAP to witness the great changes in the growth of your business right from today!